Learn how to play IDN poker game on Fun88 and get a 300% welcome bonus up to ₹3,500. Texas Holdem poker hands, 5 card draw, Omaha Holdem, 7 card stud, and more!
What is poker?
Poker is a traditionally played all-time favorite gambling card game. With a lot of different variations along the time and related skills and strategies and, of course, luck, this game has blown everyone’s heart. With the increasing threat of pandemics and lockdowns, the rise in the number of active Online Poker players is enormous.
The basic gameplay of online poker
- The game starts with 2-10 players on a table, and the wager/ dealer distributes the cards amongst them. The basic fundamental of the game is that every player places a bet according to the rules and the player with the highest-ranking hand wins the pot (bet).
- The rules of the game change according to the type you’re playing. However, the basic rules remain the same.
- First, let’s learn about the different variants of Poker, and then go in-depth about IDN Poker rules and gameplay.
5 types of poker card game
There are a lot of different types of Poker that are played for ages. Starting with the regular Straight hand Poker with five cards to the current famous Seven Stud Poker and Community Card Poker, this game is getting enormously popular. However, Texas Hold’em is the most commonly played Online Poker today.
Let us look at some of the common types of Poker:
1. Straight card poker
The simplest form of Poker is Straight hands or five-card Poker. Generally, one round of betting is allowed, and a complete hand is dealt with raising and re-raising. Each player uses the five cards as the showdown, and the high-ranking hand wins.
2. Stud card poker
Stud Poker is the one where few cards are faced up, and few are faced down. The player must build a strategy based on the cards facing up and bet accordingly. The most popular Seven Stud Poker uses seven cards with four facing up and three facing down. The players are supposed to make the best five-card hand to win the pot.
3. Five Card Draw
A 5-card draw is also a simple form of Poker wherein each player is given five cards and the players can see their cards (ante) and bet. Among the five cards, each player can discard any three of the cards and replace them by picking the top cards on the deck. After another round of betting, the player with the best five-card hand wins.
4. Community card poker
Widely popular as Texas Hold’em and Omaha Hold’em, it is a variation of Stud Poker.
- Texas Holdem: Two face-down cards are distributed first and then five community cards are placed face-up in the center of the table. A total of four times betting is placed where one is after receiving the initial two cards and the rest three after the cards are placed on the table. The best combination of two cards and five community cards wins the pot.
- Omaha Hold’em: Like Texas Hold’em, four cards are dealt with instead of two, and only one round of betting happens after the community cards are placed on the table. The player must make the best five-card combination of all the cards to win.
5. Video Poker
Video Poker is one where you play against the computer, and no other players are involved. The player tries to put the best hand to win against the computer.
What is IDN poker?
IDN Poker or Fun88 Poker is the world’s largest Online Poker Site that has around 6,00,000 active users and a total of about 100 million users. With the latest technology and exciting gaming options, IDN Poker is considered to be the largest poker network among Asian players.
Fun88 uses the IDN Poker network to increase the number of online Poker players by educating the rules, tips and tricks, beginner to advanced level strategies, and much more.
3 Steps to get started for IDN Poker Game
You need to follow the below 3 step guide to start with your online poker adventure.
Step 1: Access the Fun88, login, and click on the poker tab
- Access the Fun88 website and log in to your account.
- After successfully logging in, go to the Poker tab.
- Click the below PLAY NOW Button in green to start.
Step 2: Select Texas Holdem & click on the preferred IDN poker table
- After clicking on the PLAY NOW button, you’ll be directed to start a game by selecting your preferred game options.
- Select Texas Holdem Poker and click on the IDN Poker table you prefer.
- It is advisable to choose a table with big blinds to win a bigger pot.
Step 3: Start by clicking on the play now button
To become a Poker master and top the leader board, learn about the basic rules of IDN Poker and start your gameplay today!
The game starts with a croupier (marked as D) distributing two cards to each player starting from his left. These cards are also known as “Holecards.” The first two players from the left of the croupier are two forced bets, a small blind, and a big blind. After placing the Holecards, the first betting round, also known as ‘Pre-flop’ begins.
The player next to the big blind, called UNDER THE GUN, starts the game with options to:
Call: Place a minimum bet.
Raise: Add more bet amount for the rest of the players.
Note: The amount can be raised by a player only if any of the previous players have called the bet.
Fold: If any player is not willing to continue in a hand, they can fold.
After the first betting round, the dealer/ croupier places three community cards on the table. The player on the immediate left of the dealer starts the round. An extra option to this round is “check.”
Check: No bets are placed.
Note: A check can only be used when no previous player has called or raised the bet.
A fourth community card is introduced on the table face up called a turn by the dealer. Again a betting round takes place and the players can either call, raise, fold or check.
- A fifth community card comes to the table face-up and the final betting round takes place. This card is called a river.
- After the betting, if more than one player is left in the hand, the cards are revealed. The one with the top-ranked hand wins the pot.
- There is no need for a showdown if only one player is left in the hand all others have folded.
Rules Before Showdown:
- The player who reveals his hands first is the one to bet highest on the river. All players can reveal their hands at any time during the game.
- If all the players survived until the river round, the player to the immediate next of the dealer is the first for the showdown.
- The player can either reveal or fold the cards if his current hand is lower than the leading hand.
If the hand value of two players turns out the same, the pot is divided equally among them.
What are the IDN poker rules?
A few basic terms should be known before you start playing the game to understand it properly. Here’s a list of terms you need to know:
- Blinds: Forced bets placed on the first two players on the left side of the dealer.
- Small Blinds: A minimum bet placed by the first player left to the dealer.
- Big Blinds: A double amount of small blind is placed by the player next to the small blind.
- Pot: It is the total amount of money wagered by the players in a hand.
- Chips: They are small discs representing denominations.
- Holecards: The first two cards are distributed by the dealer to each player.
- Community cards: These are the cards placed on the table after the first betting round. At first, 3 cards and then one turn, and then one river is placed before the final showdown. Every player must put in an equal amount of chips to be in the game. The best IDN poker hand wins the pot.
3 Important pot limits – Fun88 IDN Poker
- No Limit: Players can bet any amount of money without any limitations.
- Limit: Players can bet up to the pre-defined amount only.
- Pot Limit: Players can bet up to the maximum Pot-limit only.
Join Fun88 Now! Try your luck on IDN Poker by playing online on Fun88.
Exciting offers for new members – 300% bonus up to ₹3,500 on signup
Get an amazing 300% bonus up to ₹3,500 on your first Signup and start your Gaming journey today!!
How to claim?
- Login to your Fun88 account
- Verify your email address
- Enter the code sent in your email
- Make a minimum deposit of ₹500 and you’re there!!
Get more details on the Fun88 Promotion page here and earn more!
We have explained the complete online IDN Poker Game that as a beginner you must know. This guide will help you start your first IDN Poker journey on Fun88. You must know the terms and rules before playing any game and this article is your guide. Hope you have successfully entered the world of online IDN Poker.